Friday, April 22, 2016

Damn, my Parents were right!



Hey Mom and dad this ones for you! I want to share with you a few things my parents used to tell me that I didn't want to believe. Fast forward to my adult life and I am now cursing myself for not listening. Let's skip all the near death things you wanted to do that your parents were just like "hells to the no!" Let's talk about all the things that ended up being life lessons and helped mold you into the person you are today. 


When you were young and in "love" and that person no longer wanted anything to do with you!! You came running home from school and locked your self in your room and wanted nothing to with the outside world. At the time your young heart was broken. How were you going to live? Leave it to your parents to let you know that there are plenty of fish in the sea. you're not in love,way too young and to get over it! The right person is out there and you most likely won't find out till your older (much older) (hi babe!).

Now lets get on the topic of edumacation! All those days you slacked off in school, cut class and just plain gave up on it all together. You didn't know how valuable it would be. Now don't get me wrong learning how to play the recorder didn't really help me get far in life. 

Your parents just knew that all that hard work you did in school would pay off once you got older. Education in our day and age means loads of debt (just kidding, not kidding) it means you get the job and money you deserve. Mama didn't raise no fool! 





How about the infamous "you're gonna miss me when i'm gone!(not dead, God no just not around) I never knew being an adult would be so hard with out my parents (MOMMY!). I have to make my own doctors appointments, cook for myself, clean, do laundry and pay my own bills, that was the hardest transition for me.  


Now on to money, green backs, dead presidents. Remember when your parents told you to save your money for important things in life? I guess it went in one ear and out the other. You were just spending away on shoes, clothes and everything under the sun.

Then it was time to make adult decisions that required loads of cash and your bank account total was just looking back at you all confused.

Take it from me and listen to your parents kids! 

What are some lessons you learned? 






No comments:

Post a Comment